BECOME A MEMBER TODAYWhat does membership of the Darwin Chorale adult community choir offer you?
- The opportunity to sing a variety of beautiful music from classical to modern styles.
- The opportunity to learn more about singing, technique, harmony, music and music history.
- Rediscovery of lost skills or learning new ones.
- Learning to be expressive through the language of music.
- The chance to sing in many different styles.
- Travel – the potential to perform in venues around NT, interstate and internationally.
- The experience of performing with rock bands, concert bands and a full symphony orchestra.
- Improve your mental and physical health - singing properly is energetic and requires stamina and has been shown to be beneficial to mental health.
- Improve cognitive function through memorising words and melodies.
- Increase your participation in the Darwin community.
- The chance to sing in front of an audience without the risks of doing it alone.
- The opportunity to meet new people and make new friends
The Chorale plans on a two year cycle with year one concerts being; two classical performances and one modern/ cabaret/ stage show and year two being; two modern/ cabaret/ stage show concerts and one classical performance. You can view the style and concerts we have performed by viewing part performances on the website.
For information on joining the chorale, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download the welcome letter today.
The rehearsal schedule and talent release forms can also be downloaded however it is advised that new members sit in on at least one rehearsal to find out about the Chorale prior to payment of any fees.